Q&A - Question
Updating a field in a file
Kenneth V. Lewis asked on January 05, 2022, keyword: Viewer / Editor
I have one file called "Points" that I need a field updated based on it's centroid being within another files polygon. How do I do this using Tatuk Editor?
Danv replied January 05, 2022
I do not know what the amount of points is you need to update, but one should do the following:
1) do a spatial scan in which polygon the point is located
2) take the value from the found polygon
3) update the point with the found value from the polygon.
You can either loop over the polygons and find the points within it and then perform step 2 and 3 or
you can loop over the points and find the polygon in which it is located and then
perform step 2 and 3.
It is the easiest to solve this by an Editor script. I could help you with that.
Drop me a mail if you want : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to answer the question please Sign In.
The Questions and Answers (Q & A) is intended to provide a means of communication between TatukGIS customers.
- Licensed users (with active maintenance play) of TatukGIS products may contribute to the Q & A content. Read-only access is available to anyone.
- Keep the content positive and professional.
- Be courteous to others by posting information when a question or issue asked on the Q & A is answered or resolved by other means (such as with help from TatukGIS technical support). Offer others at least a hint how the posted question was answered or the issue was resolved.
- The Q & A is not a replacement for TatukGIS technical support. TatukGIS team may or may not regularly follow or contribute content.