The TatukGIS Editor and free TatukGIS Viewer products are highly similar, reflecting the same source code. A feature-by-feature comparison of the Editor and free Viewer is presented at Editor/Viewer Features.
The Editor includes five main areas of functionality not supported in the free Viewer.
- Creating and editing map data, including import and export, format translation, topological error review...
- Built-in scripting environment for creating and running plug-ins to customize or extend Editor features.
- 3D map visualization including DTM's and draping, 3D vectors, light/shadow control, texturing, fly over, etc.
- Raster analysis functionality.
- Layer rectification to correct distortions and transform a layer to a coordinate system.
The Editor is a professional desktop GIS program requiring purchase of a license, which includes 12 months of upgrades and support maintenance. The Viewer is licensed as freeware.
The free Viewer is useful for creating and saving custom map projects from existing data, distributing GIS data and projects to users, and evaluating the TatukGIS technology.